Ravenhall Outfall Sewer Stage 1E
City West Water set out on their Corporate Plan for 2019-20, which included an huge 5 year capital expenditure plan to support in growing CBD & Western corridor sewer network.
This corporate plan includes a 5 year $556m (at nominal values) capital program that is heavily influenced by the need to deliver growth-related network projects. In particular, the program is dominated by sewer growth projects as CWW extends its trunk sewerage infrastructure into both:
- Developing greenfield areas – for example, outlet sewers for Tarneit West, Mt Atkinson and Ravenhall
- Capacity upgrades for the inner city and CBD – for example, CBD sewerage upgrade Stage 2 and Stage 3.
- Remaining capital expenditure relates to ongoing investment to support projects catering for:
- New connections in our service area
- CWW asset renewal program – which is being designed to effectively manage risk and avoid longer term deterioration of asset performance”
Asset Owner: Greater Western Water
Contractor: Califam Constructions Pty Ltd
Global Pipe worked with Viadux and Califam Constructions to assess the project requirements and create a seamless transition from planning and specification to construction and project delivery.
Deep trench installation of up to 6m – Califam’s Constructions teams equipment made light work of the hard rock soil conditions. With nearby road crossings, some parts of the project had to use a micro-tunneling method to bore under the road crossing – Pezzimenti Trenchless was sub-contracted to complete the works.
Pipe Supply Scope:
933m of DN900 Flowtite FW-GRP Open Cut Pipe (PN1, SN10,000)
364m of DN900 Flowtite FW-GRP Open Cut Pipe (PN1, SN10,000)
774m of DN1000 Flowtite FW-GRP Open Cut Pipe (PN1, SN10,000)
Supply and Logistics: Viadux & Global Pipe provided a complete transport, freight logistics, warehousing and distribution solution to supply Flowtite FW-GRP Pipe. The Ravenhall Outfall Sewer site.