Donnybrook Branch Sewer HOBAS Vortex Manhole
YVW “The new pipe is being constructed along Donnybrook Road, between the Melbourne to Sydney railway line and the future Koukoura Drive (located in 1145 Donnybrook Road), within a future ‘services corridor’ in which other utility services will eventually be located. Construction will occur on both sides of Donnybrook Road, with most of the pipe alignment being on the north side of Donnybrook Road. Our pipe alignment will pass through land that is currently privately-owned or developer-owned.”
Asset Owner: Yarra Valley Water
Contractor: Califam Constructions Pty Ltd
Donnybrook Road East Branch Sewer Package 1
Design Information: DRE-1 GRP Vortex Manhole
HOBAS Maintenance Holes create a complete uncompromising system of the highest quality and meet the requirements of a wide variety of applications.
HOBAS CC-GRP Maintenance Holes provide Water Authorities with significant safety and long-term benefits, including:
Reduced OHS Risk
- Reduced falling from height risk to workers, maintenance staff and the general public;
- Reduces the risk of workers falling with no need for the high risk working at heights tasks of concrete formwork, scaffolding, concreting, ladder fitting and HDPE lining.
- Reduces the risk of workers and the public falling into a deep open shaft – typical concrete maintenance build takes 4 weeks compared to a typical HOBAS GRP maintenance hole build of one day
- Rapid installation – Typical installation time is 1 day
- Drop-in-place base – Bases are dropped-in-place on crushed rock bedding, reducing OHS risks, faster installation time, and lower expense.
- Clean fill – Structurally designed to support ground water & overburden loads, reducing OHS risks, CO2 emissions, faster installation time, and lower expense.
- Push-Fit Assembly – Push-together-assembly with FWC connections, reducing OHS risks, faster installation time, and lower expense.
- Anti-Buoyancy – Designed to resist ground water immersion, uplift and buoyancy
- 100 Year Service Life – Constructed with HOBAS CC-GRP pipe with proven sewer durability, reducing OHS risks, long-term maintenance and expense.
- Ease of Future Connections and Modifications – easily cut with a diamond tipped blade, fixed to with chem-set bolts and fibreglass laminated connections. Global Pipe has a pool of qualified tradespeople.
- Free from porosity issues – GRP is a highly dense material
- Eliminates the need for lining or relining of Manholes
Sulphur Dioxide resistant – HOBAS manholes provide resistance against a wide range of chemicals including sulphur dioxide.