This statement summarises the Global Pipe Australia Pty Ltd (“Global Pipe”) policies regarding personal information that may be collected or submitted to us through the Global Pipe website of [www.globalpipe.com.au] (“Site”) or via any other means of collection.
The type of information that may be collected or submitted to Global Pipe include:
- (a) information about your visit to the Site, which includes the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed and the documents retrieved;
- (b) the type of browser used when you visit our Site, and
- (c) any personal correspondence, which includes emails (“Personal Information”).
Our Use of Your Information
The use of your Personal Information allows us to provide you with information that you request and that meets your needs, and to customise our services to make your experience with Global Pipe safer and easier.
Global Pipe may use Personal Information to keep customers updated as to the latest news and events and other activities of Global Pipe.
In using our Site, you also agree that:
- (a) we may use your Personal Information for our own internal requirements. For instance, all information about your usage habits of our Site may be used for the purpose of compiling statistical data and reporting on the usage of the Site. Personal Information is also used to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to improve our content and product offerings and customise our Site’s content, layout, and services; and
- (b) we may use your Personal Information to contact you and to respond to any comments or queries you may have.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
Although Global Pipe uses industry standard practices to protect your Personal Information, due to technical limitations, we cannot guarantee and ensure that all of your private communications and other Personal Information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Privacy Statement. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information or private communications will always remain private. Having said that, as a matter of policy, we NEVER sell or rent any Personal Information about you to any third party.
In using our site you expressly agree that your Personal Information may be disclosed by Global Pipe in response to legal requests: Global Pipe may lawfully disclose your Personal Information for law enforcement or regulatory purposes. We can (and you authorise us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary, appropriate or as otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), in connection with an investigation of any activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy call Global Pipe on (03) 9598 6630.