Global Pipe delivers first ever HOBAS GRP Vortex Manhole to Yarra Valley Water
Global Pipe is excited to announce the installation of the first GRP Vortex Manhole to a Melbourne water authority.
Donnybrook Road Branch Sewer
Design Information: DRE-1 GRP Vortex Manhole
HOBAS Maintenance Holes create a complete uncompromising system of the highest quality and meet the requirements of a wide variety of applications.
HOBAS CC-GRP Maintenance Holes provide Water Authorities with significant safety and long-term benefits, including:
Reduced OHS Risk
- Reduced falling from height risk to workers, maintenance staff and the general public;
- Reduces the risk of workers falling with no need for the high risk working at heights tasks of concrete formwork, scaffolding, concreting, ladder fitting and HDPE lining.
- Reduces the risk of workers and the public falling into a deep open shaft – typical concrete maintenance build takes 4 weeks compared to a typical HOBAS GRP maintenance hole build of one day
- Rapid installation – Typical installation time is 1 day
- Drop-in-place base – Bases are dropped-in-place on crushed rock bedding, reducing OHS risks, faster installation time, and lower expense.
- Clean fill – Structurally designed to support ground water & overburden loads, reducing OHS risks, CO2 emissions, faster installation time, and lower expense.
- Push-Fit Assembly – Push-together-assembly with FWC connections, reducing OHS risks, faster installation time, and lower expense.
- Anti-Buoyancy – Designed to resist ground water immersion, uplift and buoyancy
- 100 Year Service Life – Constructed with HOBAS CC-GRP pipe with proven sewer durability, reducing OHS risks, long-term maintenance and expense.
- Ease of Future Connections and Modifications – easily cut with a diamond tipped blade, fixed to with chem-set bolts and fibreglass laminated connections. Global Pipe has a pool of qualified tradespeople.
- Free from porosity issues – GRP is a highly dense material
- Eliminates the need for lining or relining of Manholes
Sulphur Dioxide resistant – HOBAS manholes provide resistance against a wide range of chemicals including sulphur dioxide.